Friday, February 17, 2012

Week 4 Activities

cw-#lak12

I've enjoyed the week so far. The first two readings on the semantic web were too techy for me and I have yet to read the reamining ones.
However, as I was watching Tim Berners-Lee TED talk I had made a note of his comment regarding the stats presentation by Hans Rosling. I watched it and wanted to share with everyone that it really is - in more ways thatn one - a fascinating presentation. If you have a little extra time it is totally worth watching >

The other resource that I wanted to share was Tony Bates' e-learning outlook for 2012. His 2nd prediction relates to Learning Analytics. His other predictions are an enjoyable read as well > http://www.tonybates.ca/2012/01/02/e-learning-outlook-for-2012-will-it-be-a-rough-ride/

Finally, I had a really hard time concentrating on the LAK meeting this week. The audio was so poor that it took the joy out of learning for me - which goes to say (to me at any rate) that quality does make a difference.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shared resources, Christine - I'll check them out. Also glad that I wasn't the only one slightly numbed by the 1st tech-y papers!
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Christine,

    I am fellow MDE. I felt the first reading was a bit tech-y too. So far, I am enjoying the entire course.

    ReplyDelete